Project funded by CSAb - Climate KIC
This one year project intiated and coordinated by INRA started in September 2016
The objective of EU Green Dairy is to enhance knowledge and practices sharing among principal stakeholders in carbon certification scheme in France, Ireland, Netherlands and Australia.
- IDELE, CNIEL and I4CE in France
- Alterra WUR in the Netherlands
- Danone in France
- Teagasc and Bord Bia in Ireland
- FrieslandCampina in the Netherlands
- Australian National University
A constructive and fruitful worskhop on dairy carbon emissions measurements and carbon certification schemes was organised in Paris in June.
Participants were the partners of the EU Green Dairy project : Bord Bia, CNIEL, IDELE, I4CE, WUR, Friesland Campina
And other important organisations like Groupe BEL, FNPL, Cool Farm Alliance were invited and took an active part in the discussions.
The programme covered:
• Benchmark on carbon certification schemes
• How Carbon emissions evaluation tools and Carbon certifications interact in the case of CAP2ER and VOCAL
• Comparison of different initiatives and carbon emission evaluation tools: Danone, Friesland, CFT, WUR, Bord Bia (Origin Green National policy and Carbon Navigator)
• Interesting points of view from farmers and farmers associations in France, Ireland and NL