The Friendly Fruit project is reaching apple and strawberry producers and disseminating through different channels (workpackage 3). For apple the project has a bottom-up approach based on discussion and exercises with farmers (co-designing).
- This co-design workshop on December 10-11th 2018 aimed to define consistent changes in row/inter-row management of apple orchard for a Czech farmer (working with Danone).
- technicians and researchers from INRA Gotheron,
- supplier and project managers from Danone,
- Czech researchers were gathered with the objective to support the Czech farmer in the step of change.
- first day was a visit of the farmer’s orchards
- second day was around a table, to exchange knowledge and propose practices suitable with his farm management.
- New sustainable practices for row/inter-row management were defined and a protocol was proposed to test their performance to improve soil water retention in the Czech farm.
- This method answers the ambition of Friendly Fruit: foster changes by farmers towards sustainable practices.
French team in the Czech farmer’s orchard Photography of the group during co-design workshop
If you would like more information please contact
Annabelle Richard, INRA UERI Gotheron, Annabelle.Richard@inra.fr
Anna Galonska, DANONE, Anna.GALONSKA@danone.com