Regular training sessions for farmers are key to accelerate adoption of more sustainable farming practices, and implementation of the findings of agricultural research on commercial fields.
The topics of lectures are agreed with farmers in advance to tackle most important issues for farmers and/or Danone, specially to prepare for dissemination of Apple experiments results (workpackage 1 of Friendly Fruit).
- Kutna Hora, Czech Republic
- Focus on biodiversity enhancement (via innovative row-interrow management) and sharing the French IPM/ low input system
- 23 Agronomists/farmers from Danone supply chain of apples in Czech Republic
- Staff from Danone (Buyer, Supplier Quality, Socrates project lead, Marketing of Czech CBU)
- Representatives of research centres: 5 from INRA Gotheron and Katerina Kovarikova CRI Prague
- Lectures and workshop (observations and identification of beneficial insects in orchard, with special focus on predators and parasitoids)
If you would like more information about Socrates Apple Academy please contact
Claire Petit (Claire.email@example.com) and Juliette Rembert (Juliette.firstname.lastname@example.org)