The faculty of Agriculture (CMU) is a leading national educational scientific agricultural research institute that works at international standards. CMU produces highly-qualified graduates equipped with excellent management skills and self-reliance.
- Education: To provide curricula with an emphasis on academic excellence, curricular that serves market needs, with highly competent graduates produced under an international leadership environment.
- Research: To conduct research and development activities regarding new knowledge areas, in response to the educational environment and in order to further economic, social and national development;
- Academic services: To provide academic services to society through the transfer and extension of research activities and findings to farmers, communities and society, for their further applications;
- Arts and culture conservation: To conserve the arts, culture and environment, especially "Lanna" arts and cultures, as well as traditions and agriculture-related local wisdom in the northern region.
- Management: To develop management and administration activities in all respects under the autonomous university system, with good governance and efficiency.
Faculty of Agriculture, CMU comprises of 4 departments and 3 research centers.
- Departments: Entomology and Plant Pathology; Plant Science and Natural Resources; Agricultural Economics and Agricultural Extension; Animal and Aquatic Sciences.
- Research centers: Mae Hia Agricultural Research; Demonstrative and Training Center; Highland Research and Training Center; Center for Agricultural System Research.